This week Léché, invited into their kitchen to show us that their specialty isn’t just baking doughnuts. They cooked a delicious meal the whole family can enjoy; a pork roast with some homemade apple chutney.
- 5cups Diced apples (we use two different kinds one soft (macintosh) and one firm (gala)
- 1 1/2c Diced white onions
- 1/2c Brown Sugar
- 1/4c water
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bok choy
What You’ll Need
2. Slice onions set aside in a separate bowl
3. Place casserole on stove and set to medium/high heat, add water and sugar, let it dissolve and as the water evaporates you’ll have a caramel, once that happens add the apples
4. Turn on low and stew the apples
5. In another pan add olive oil and onions start on med/low heat and caramelize them for about 15 minutes until nice and dark golden brown
6. Add them to the apples, at the same time you can add cider vinegar and salt and pepper
7. Let that simmer for another 15 min to get everything cooking together
8. Set aside for roast
1. Cut Bok Choy
2. In a separate pot bring the water to a boil.
3. Add bok choy for 5 minutes
4. Strain and season to serve
1. 15 minutes per pound at 300F
2. Pat dry the roast and heavily season with salt and pepper
3. Place in a roasting pan and place in preheated oven.