Who doesn’t enjoy a delicious Pad Thai? This meal combines practicality with the authentic flavors of Thai cuisine. Prepare your ingredients beforehand and you can easily whip up this dish in under 30 minutes!
- 340 g (¾ pound) of flat rice noodles
- 340 g (¾ pound) of boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fish sauce (Nuoc-mam)
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) brown sugar
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) frozen Asian vegetables, thawed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) soya beans
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) unsalted grilled peanuts, finely grind
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Cilantro leaves, to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) lime juice
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) fish sauce (Nuoc-mam)
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Sriracha hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) canola oil
What You’ll Need
Fill a big bowl with warm water and rice noodles, leave them to soak for 15 to 25 minutes.In another bowl, mix the chicken with the fish sauce, brown sugar and shallots. Leave it to marinate for 5 minutes.
In a wok, at medium-high heat, brown the chicken in 30 ml (2 tablespoon) of oil until well done. Add three quarters of the vegetables and continue cooking for 1 minute. Transfer them from the wok to a large hot serving bowl. In the same wok, at medium-high heat, cook the eggs in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil, while breaking them with the rubber spatula until they are golden brown. Add salt and pepper and place in the large bowl.
In another bowl, mix water, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce and Sriracha sauce, then set aside. In the wok, slightly cook the garlic in the oil, continue cooking for approximately 30 seconds. With tongs, add the noodles you just drained and coat well with the garlic and oil. Quickly add the sauce and continue cooking while mixing the noodles, or until they are al dente. Add the mix of chicken and eggs. Mix well.
Separate the noodles and the toppings between the bowls and mix in the soya beans. Garnish with the rest of the leek, peanuts, a wedge of lime and a cilantro leaf.