This week we teamed with Chef Richard Taitt from Bistro Nolah to make delicious pan seared scallops with a sweet potato pure and salsa Verde.
- 3 U10 or U20 Scallops
- 2-3 medium size Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 a bunch Italian Parsley
- 1/2 a bunch Fresh Coriander
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Limes
- Caviar (optional for garnish)
Sweet Potato Puree
1. Cut Sweet Potatoes into cubes place in pot with water
2. Cook till tender and set aside when done.
(While sweet potatoes are cooking, make Salsa Verde)
3. After Salsa Verde is finished, puree the cooked sweet potatoes with the immersion blender, and set aside the potatoes, they can be served at room temperature for this dish.
1. Clean coriander and parsley chop it up into course pieces, crush the garlic.
2. Place garlic and chopped herbs into a small container, squeeze limes over these items
3. Add oil just till you see that the oil is only halfway in the ingredients, in other words the oil should not completely cover otherwise your salsa Verde will be to runny.
4. Add a pinch or two of salt then process with the immersion blender till it’s blended. Should take 60 seconds, you don’t want it to be over processed.
1. Season your scallops with a little salt and pepper
2. Place enough oil to lightly cover your frying pan, heat till the oil slightly starts to smoke, ,
3. Carefully place scallops in the frying pan, approximately 2 min per side till a golden crust has appeared. Total cook time is 3-4 minutes
4. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil
Spread your sweet potato puree in the center of your plate to form a circle big enough to place your scallops on top, spoon some salsa Verde over each scallop then garnish with a little Caviar over each scallop.
You can add vegetables to the dish, Taro root chips (thinly sliced taro root that you can pan fry till crispy) you can save some leaves from the coriander and parsley for garnish also.