We all enjoyed the holidays! We attended family-gatherings and parties, went on vacation, and maybe most importantly, we took advantage of all the great holiday cooking and baking. That’s what the Holidays are for! But, every year when January rolls around we can’t help but re-evaluate our eating habits because everyone is talking about their New Year’s resolutions.
Enjoying what you are eating doesn’t have to stop now! There are a lot of ways to cook great tasting meals that are good for your health and will live up to those New Year’s resolutions.
For our Feta and Asparagus Tagliatelle recipe, you have the healthy option of replacing the pasta with zucchini noodles made with our thinkkitchen spiralizer! This option puts a healthy twist on this delicious pasta dish and it is easy to do! To swap in the zucchini, all you have to do is spiralize it and cook it for 5 minutes with some oil, pepper and salt in a skillet. And, what’s more is that it actually takes less time then boiling water and cooking pasta!
So, put your mind at ease, enjoy the New Year and give this Feta and Asparagus Tagliatelle recipe a try! There are so many easy healthy eating options available to you!
- 20 Asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- ¾ pound of tagliatelle OR spiralized zucchini
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups of olives, halved
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- Move an oven rack to the highest position and set the oven to broil.
- Place the asparagus on a thinkkitchen granulated pan. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil for about 5 minutes until tender but still firm. Remove from the oven and cut the asparagus, at 45 degree angles using the microdot chef knife. Set aside.
- Using our Remy Olivier 3-Piece Pasta set , cook tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Take your thinkkitchen spiralizer and put it on the straight blade setting. Place your zucchini in between the prongs. Turn the handle while pushing knob downwards to cut it into spirals. Next, heat olive oil in our cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup of water and cook for about 5 minutes until zucchini is softened. Drain.
- In the Remy Olivier sabayon frypan, soften the onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes in oil. Do not let brown.
- Add the feta, olives, oregano and chicken broth into the frypan. Stir in the pasta, or zucchini noodles, and asparagus. Continue to stir until warm throughout. Season with thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in our mancini pasta bowls, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Here to give you new ideas for eating clean and healthy all year round,