Coffee is our best friend; it helps us get up in the morning, through long afternoons, and those never ending meetings. But coffee can also rack up quite a bill, so with a little help from us become the barista you’ve always wanted to be. We’ll show you how to make delicious coffees in the comfort of your own home.
First off, the coffee you make will taste as good as the water you use. So, before you start anything, make sure you have good quality water with no distinct tastes.
Espresso is essential for coffee preparation as it’s the base for many drinks. It has a natural layer of cream with a full bodied and balanced liquid below. Espresso has a higher concentration of caffeine in a smaller amount coffee. So let’s learn how to make a good espresso before you moving on to more complex drinks.
What You’ll Need
- Tirizzi Espresso Maker
- 18 – 21 grams fresh, fine ground coffee
- For stronger coffee, make sure you compact the ground coffee with a tamper, or a spoon, to restrict the flow of water. The weight must be evenly applied for even extraction.
- Unscrew the 3 sections of the espresso pot
- Fill half the lower section with water. (For an Americano, fill it just below the level of the safety valve)
- Fill the middle section (funnel) with coffee (level with the top of the filter)
- Place the funnel back in the pot and screw everything back together
- Place it on your stove top at a medium- high heat
- Once you start to see the coffee emerge on top and start to bubble from the filter funnel, turn down the stove to let it rest. (You will hear it start to gurgle)
- Serve immediately in our Doublico Espresso cup
Now that you know how to make the basics, we can move onto fancier drinks.
This is just an espresso with foamed milk; all you need is our milk frother. Simply heat up some milk in the microwave or on the stove top, then with the frother, start at the bottom of the glass and slowly move your way up to give the milk full volume. Then add the milk to your espresso.
This is a double shot of espresso, so you just use twice the amount of coffee. Serve in our Doublico Double Wall Espresso Mugs.
For all your non-coffee drinking friends, impress them with a London Fog, or rather a tea latte. It’s an earl grey tea with steamed milk.
What You’ll Need
- Milk Frother
- 1 cup an earl grey tea bag (or two)
- ½ cup milk (any kind will work)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lavender (optional)
Brew earl grey tea and lavender together, steep for 3 minutes (or according to tea instructions). Remove tea bag and strain out the lavender. Heat up the milk (you can even froth it), then stir it in and serve warm in our Funky Betty Geometric Mug.